Hi! The holiday season is so busy, bustling and bright, isn’t it? It’s crazy cray cray over here in LA LA Land. I’m sure the traffic is horrendous in the Big Apple, eh? Speaking of apples, I made a dip that will make you trip! It’s really simple and tasty to make too.
I love that you made the truffle fries! I am obsessed with truffle everything. There’s this pizza place on Motor Ave. in Los Angeles called The Garage, and they have this pizza with truffle oil and it is, hands down, the best thing there. Their loaded tots are pretty good too. That’s what I order almost every time I go there. And I’ve been going for years now. One of our old Fox colleagues’ friends owns the place.
In the age of busy-ness and business, I figured people would be pressed for time… I know I am. And, as we figured from our Plate by State survey, I know people want to save time without sacrificing flavor. So, I discovered this delicious dip at my Christmas Choir Party that I absolutely fell in love with. I tried to recreate it, but I just ended up making a new sweet tasting cream cheese spread for bagels or bread. But it still works for apples too!
Well, I’ll get on with it now. Here are the ingredients & instructions below:
- An electric mixer
- a large bowl
- 2 blocks of cream cheese
- 1 Cup of Brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 TBS Maple syrup (optional)
- Crackers, apples, bagels, bread or anything you’d like to spread it on to sweeten
- Grab your blocks of cream cheese and leave it out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Then place one block of cream cheese in a bowl.
- Mix gently – you can use a KitchenAid mixer or any other electric mixer you have.
- Add in brown sugar – I stopped putting in the brown sugar when the color of the cream cheese changed to a cashew color. So mix in the sugar little by little.
- Add in another block of cream cheese. Mix together.
- If it’s too cold, microwave the cheese with brown sugar for 30 seconds
- Mix again gently.
- Add a pinch of salt, a dash of cinnamon & nutmeg and a few drops of vanilla extract. You can add in maple syrup if you’d like too!
- Mix it all up and voila! You have yourself a deliciously sweet and creamy spread for apples, bagels and bread! Oh! And it works for crackers too.